Micro Topping - Microtek One Coat
MicroTek™ One Coat Micro Topping is a thin concrete overlay mix that can be applied on floors and walls. Available in a white or gray mix, our thin overlay can be colored with any of our 30 standard overlay colors. This product is the go to micro-topping for wood look and faux tile systems.
SureCrete’s Micro Topping is a single component thin concrete overlay that is a self-bonding cement based, for interior concrete surfaces. Micro-Topping was designed to yield an exceptionally smooth tight-troweled finish that can provide a new “blank canvas” for decorative concrete floors. It may also be placed vertically on interior walls, creating the look of Venetian plaster. The application can be accomplished by trowel or “magic trowel.” Micro Topping thin concrete overlay is prepared with gray cement or white cement that may accept Color Packs.
When restoring an old concrete surface, or even possibly some freshly poured ones, inevitably there is some discoloration and cracks or maybe even significant patching that has to be done. These blemishes on your concrete slab can easily show through any decorative stains or sealers applied to your finished surface. With Micro Topping thin concrete overlay, your newly created “blank canvas” can alleviate these issues, giving you a nice clean surface to begin creating your new custom floor designs. While it may take a professionally trained hand too tightly trowel a flat surface using Micro Topping, many of the designs you can create using this product can be achieved by even the new Do it yourself (DIY) homeowner.
Micro Topping can be utilized in a variety of different thin concrete overlay functions:
- Custom Floor Tile Patterns
- “Slop-Trowel” Unique Floor Finish
- Faux Slate Tile
- Faux “Marbled” Floor Designs
- Faux Venetian Plaster Wall Coating
- Commercial Floor Coatings
- Thin Concrete Resurface Repairing
- Solid Color Floors
- Blank Canvas for Eco-Stain
- Custom Themed Thin Overlay
- Screened-In Patios
- Kitchen & Living Area Floors
- Concrete Resurfacing Polished Look
How Do You Apply SureCrete Micro Topping Thin Concrete Overlay Mix?
We’ll show you the best way to use Micro Topping:
- Any surface receiving a cementitious coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 5 quarts water per 40 lb bag to 5 gal bucket and mix in any color desired for integral coloring of Micro Topping
- Slowly introduce Micro Topping while continuously mixing and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product has been emptied into a container. Scrape the sides of the bucket to make sure there are no “dry pockets” that didn’t get mixed properly.
- Mist the surface of the concrete with water, and pour out a generous amount of Micro Topping thin concrete overlay.
- Tightly trowel or squeegee the product over your entire application area.
- If you need a second coat of Micro Topping thin concrete overlay, only wait until the surface is properly cured – between 2-6 hours. Then just apply the same as the first layer!
- Once the surface is dry to the touch, it can accept stains and secondary colorants at this point and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical indoor applications would utilize a polyurethane or polyaspartic sealer from our DuraKote line of products.
VOC Rating 0 g/L
Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio 5-6 quarts water per 40 lb bag
Base Color White or Gray
Density 126.1 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 4,278 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-348: 995 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 440 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance ASTM D-4060: 28
days %loss – 500 cycles – less than 0.50%
Mosaic Shear ANSI A 118.4: 280 PSI @ 28 days
MicroTopping – Thin Concrete Overlays Part Numbers MicroTek™ One Coat SKU’s and UPC’s